If this is a mental health/medical emergency please dial 911 or go to your nearest Emergency Room. For 24/7 helplines, please continue below.
Crisis Services Canada
CALL TOLL FREE 1.833.456.4566 - Available 24/7
National Suicide Prevention Line (USA & Canada)
1-800-273-8255 / Crisis Text Line by texting TALK to 741741
Nova Scotia Mental Health Mobile Crisis Team
(902) 429-8167 or 1 (888) 429-8167 (Toll Free)
Kids Help Phone
1 (800) 668-6868 (Toll Free 24/7)
The Hope for Wellness Help Line offers immediate help to all Indigenous peoples across Canada.
It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to offer:
Call the toll-free Help Line at 1-855-242-3310 or connect to the online chat at www.hopeforwellness.ca.
Indigenous women can get help, support and resources seven days a week, 24 hours a day, with services in 14 languages.
Need help for a family member or friend that lives away, try facebook's worldwide resource list. https://m.facebook.com/help/103883219702654?helpref=faq_content
To view TEDx It's My Grief - Linda Marshall
Canada Federal Employee Support
Employee Assistance Services (EAS) is housed within Health Canada. It supports federal departments with their workplace wellness initiatives, including the provision of Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Trauma, and post-incident support.
Canadian Mental Health Association
(902 ) 455-5445 (Provides various social support programs and initiatives to improve mental health. This is not a 24/hour crisis centre)
Canadian Veteran's Crisis Support and Resources
The resources listed on this page offer free or specialized programs for former CF and RCMP members
CASP (Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention)
Veterans Affairs Canada
1-866-522-2122 (English) / 10866-522-2022 (French)
Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters (Canada) Inc.
275 Slater Street, Suite 1800
Ottawa ON K1P 5H9
Telephone: (613) 723-8484
Meeting Information: 1-888-4AL-ANON (1-888-425-2666)
AFSP (American Foundation for Suicide Prevention)
Phone: 211 (Provides confidential information and referral services for community and social services available across Nova Scotia and Canada)
Ontario Talk to a registered nurse — day or night — for free, secure and confidential health advice. Call 811 (TTY: 1-866-797-0007).
Nova Scotia Canada:
811 Nova Scotia
Phone: 811 (Provides support regarding non-urgent health-related issues and questions)
Avalon Sexual Assault Centre
(902) 422-4240 (Provides support, counselling, education and forensic evaluation for those who have experienced sexualized violence)
Distress Line: (902) 422-7650; Shelter Main Number (902)423-7183
(provides 24 hour emergency services for women, with or without children, escaping intimate partner abuse.)
(902) 420.0676; 24 hr intake 902.446.4663 Toll free: 1.888.878.5088
(dedicated to supporting youth between the ages of 11 and 24, their families, and communities across multiple locations in Halifax)
Shelter Nova Scotia
(902)406-3631 (Provides a home for people who need somewhere to stay. We offer care to people who can find it nowhere else)
Souls Harbour Rescue Mission
(902)405-4663 (To rescue people from poverty and addiction by offering emergency help, such as food, clothing and shelter, life-changing recovery programs, and the Gospel message)
IWK Central Referral
(902) 464-4110 (Provides referrals to IWK mental health services/information for youth: Monday – Friday: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm)
(902) 425-9018 (Provides a drop-in centre for young ages 16-29 living with a mental illness and/or challenges. Youth can meet friends and gain support from others who have gone through similar experiences. Program includes art, meals, education, and employment support)
(902) 446-0929 (Provides a compassionate and supportive community of staff, volunteers, and donors dedicated to making dying and living as comfortable and as meaningful as possible at the end of life.
ISANS Mumford | main office
Phone: 902-423-3607/ Toll free in Nova Scotia: 1-866-431-6472 (We help immigrants to settle and give orientation to living in Nova Scotia)
Early Psychosis Program of Nova Scotia
(902) 473-2976 (Promotes early detection and optimal, timely healthcare for persons at risk for, or experiencing, a first episode of psychosis)
Healthy Minds Cooperative
(902) 404 3504 (As peers with lived experience, we can relate to the process of seeking wellness and living in recovery from mental health issues and disorders, please see our website for programs)
Grief Relief Public Group
(On-line private facebook group managed by Linda Marshall. Open to all)